Medicare is health insurance for the following:
- People 65 or older
- People under 65 with certain disabilities
- People of any age with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant)
The different parts of Medicare help cover specific services:
- Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) Helps cover inpatient care in hospitals. Helps cover skilled nursing facility, hospice, and home health care.
- Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) Helps cover doctors” and other health care providers’ services, outpatient care, durable medical equipment, and home health care. Helps cover some preventive services to help maintain your health and to keep certain illnesses from getting worse.
- Medicare Part C (also known as Medicare Advantage) Offers health plan options run by Medicare-approved private insurance companies. Medicare Advantage Plans are a way to get the benefits and services covered under Part A and Part B. Most Medicare Advantage Plans cover Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D). Some Medicare Advantage Plans may include extra benefits for an extra cost.
- Medicare Part D (Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage) Helps cover the cost of prescription drugs. May help lower your prescription drug costs and help protect against higher cost. Run by Medicare-approved private insurance companies. ( Taken from 2012 Medicare & You Handbook, Page 14)
Contact Us For Your Medicare Insurance Questions & Needs
Medicare & Medicare options can be confusing and difficult to determine your best choice & coverage. For help with your Medicare questions please contact a trained Medicare Insurance Agent at Insurance Options, Inc. by calling (239) 201-4560.